Block L-10 was my Waterloo. Y-Seams - do I have to say more?
I made the block and it was just awful. And on top I miscalculated one piece of green fabric and had to add another one at the same spot. That was the result (you can see the whole desaster if you click on the photo to enlarge it):
No, I couldn't leave it like that. I ignored Janes seams and draw the block myself without Y-seams. Than it was easy to make!
I couldn't believe it - almost done and another one with Y-seams! I tried to make it with a mixture of Foundation Paper Piecing and English Paper Piecing
but I could see soon that it wouldn't work. To draw it with differenct seams like with L-10 was not a solution either. Hm. I made the block in a complete different way and appliqued the middle square and the cross on top of the grey fabric. And then added the eight triangles around the grey.
I looked throught the remaining blocks - this was really the last difficult one. Thank god!